Slow and steady wins the race where switchers are concerned. And with a top speed of 20 miles per hour, the early-phase center-cab 45-Tonner couldn’t be
beat. Used primarily in private industry and military applications during the 1940s, many GE 45-Tonners remain in service today, thanks to a simple and
effcient design. Following GE’s lead in creating sturdy and reliable switchers, our models will remain in service on your railroad for many years to come.
• DCC-equipped for speed, direction, and lighting
• dual-mode NMRA-compliant decoder
• precision motor
• low-speed gearing
• eight-wheel drive
• die-cast chassis, side rods, and counterweights
• LED headlights
• E-Z Mate® Mark II couplers
• RP25 wheel contours
• painted engineer figure
• designed for aftermarket sound installation
This model performs best on 18″ radius curves or greater.